The Heart, this A-Level Biology section of Revision Science includes a diagram of the human heart.
- Enters through the vena cava into the right atrium
- It’s then pumped through a valve into the right ventricle chamber
- And then up through the pulmonary valve into the pulmonary artery towards the lungs
- Enters through the pulmonary veins into the left atrium
- It’s then pumped through a valve into the left ventricle
- And then through the aortic valve and out of the aorta to the rest of the body
This video explains how the heart works